How to Change cPanel Password
There are many web hosting companies who use cPanel to manage client accounts. HostGator is also one of them. HostGator is also using cPanel to manage customers' accounts. When you sign up with HostGator, you also get a cPanel login name and password details. You need these details to login to your cPanel account.
Changing the cPanel password is very simple task. I don't understand why there has to be an article dedicated to it but still there are many newbies who don't know how to change cPanel password. So in this article, I am going to show you how you can change the cPanel login password.
In this article, I assume that you already have correct login details for cPanel and you are able to login to cPanel using your login information. If you are not able to login to cPanel then don't waste your time reading this article. You won't find the solution here.
Change Password Video
There are few people in the world who don't like to read much. They enjoy watching videos. For that type of person, here is a video. Watch and learn how to change cPanel password.
cPanel Login Password Change
If you don't prefer to watch the video then here are the steps you need to follow in order to change HostGator cPanel password.
1) First login to cPanel using the username and password. I hope you are able to login because you can follow next few steps if you are already logged in.
2) Now Go to Preferences section. Here you will find the Change Password button. Click on Change Password button.
3) Next enter your old password. Then enter your new password and re-enter your new password.
4) If you want to create a strong password then you can use Password Generator. Click on password generator button. It will open one popup with random password. Every time you click on Generate Password button, a new password is generated. There are some advance options to generate password. You can try it out. Then copy the password in to the safe place because this password is very hard to remember. Now check on the checkbox which says “I have copied this password in a safe place.” Then click on Use Password button. Now new password is entered by the system.
5) If you also want to change the MySQL password then check the checkbox which says, “Allow MySQL password change”.
6) Now click on “Change your password now!” button and your cPanel password is successfully changed.
That's it. I hope now you know how to change the cPanel password. It is a good habit to change cPanel password at regular time period. I suggest you to change the cPanel password every month.
Back to Hostgator Tutorials
Go to Home