b2evolution is unique content community management software meant for enhancing websites. It is one of the latest open source software programs that are known to be very useful.
- b2evolution comes with those common tools that are found in blogs.
- It has files and photo management.
- It also comes with advance skinning
- It supports multiple blogs
- It equally comes with detailed user permission.
You can install b2evolution only once but you can use it multiple times as blogs. You can even generate up to 1000 blogs at the same time as you use the platform. Each of the blogs thrives on separate folder and domain. You can also decide to showcase multiple blogs on the same page. You've got every freedom to use the software as you want.
b2evolution supports multiple domains. Once you install it, you can set up several alias domains. However, this depends on how much your web host can allow.
Several users and authors can use b2evolution at the same time provided they are given permissions. You can give any user permission to write or read contents. You can also allow the user to customize blogs. All you need is to engage the permission management feature that comes with the software.
b2evolution comes with integrated stats. It can easily show the activities that go on in each blog. Such activities may include RSS reader session, browser hits, robots, searches, references, user logins, keyword search, direct access, and a lot more.
You don't need to worry about spam messages when using b2evolution. The software comes with Anti-Spam deluxe which is good at checkmating spam. You can be sure of benefitting a lot when you use the feature.
b2evolution comes with diverse blog skins and themes. You can use them to customize your blogs. You can change the themes or skins as often as possible. You can even change the colors.
There are several widgets that come with b2evolution. All of them are supported by the blog skins. You can decide the kind of content to place in blogs as you use the widgets.
There's a plugin framework that comes with b2evolution. You can use that to extend the app to any length you desire. You can even make good use of the pre-installed plugins that comes with the software.
b2evolution comes with advanced categorization feature. You can divide each blog into categories and subcategories. You can also arrange blog post to suit different categories. You can assign multiple categories to one single post.
Furthermore, b2evolution supports multiple languages. It's also compliant with the W3C web standards. It equally supports multiple posts from different accounts.
Finally, b2evolution is very easy to install. You don't have to be a computer expert before you can use it. You simply need to download it from the right source and then install it. the open source software is SEO-friendly. You can achieve a lot in SEO when you use it. You can grab further details about it by visiting the official website.
Install b2evolution on HostGator
B2evolution is easy to install and require only Linux server running PHP and MySQL. In HostGator account, it's even easier to install B2evolution. HostGator offers installation of b2evolution using Quick Install feature. You can follow these steps to install b2evolution on your hostgator account.
1) Login to your HostGator cPanel. Then go to Quick Install page. You will find the QuickInstall option in Software/Services section.
2) On QuickInstall page, click on b2evolution link. You will get b2evolution link in left navigation bar under CMS Software option.
3) On the next page, click on the Install B2evolution button.
4) On the next page, you will need to enter the URL where you want to install b2evolution. You will also need to give admin email address and admin name. Once all details are given, click on "Install B2evolution" button.
5) You will see the installation process going on.
6) When the installation process is complete, you will be given the username and password for access. Take a note of these details. You will need the username/password to login to b2evolution.
So now you know how to install b2evolution on your hostgator account. Let's talk about uninstallation process.
Uninstall b2evolution On HostGator Account
If you have installed b2evolution using QuickInstall then it's very easy to uninstall b2evolution. Follow these simple steps to uninstall the b2evolution.
1) First login to the hostgator cPanel account.
2) Go to Quick Install page.
3) On the Page click on My Installs from top screen.
4) You will see your installed applications list. Now click on the Uninstall link next the setup list which you want to uninstall.
5) Now click on Uninstall Script button and b2evolution setup will be uninstalled from your system.
So you just learn how install and uninstall b2evolution on HostGator. Go and try b2evolution CMS system for your web site.
Back to Hostgator Tutorials
Go to Home