Mambo is unique open source content management software that is widely used across the net. Several websites are currently powered by Mambo on the internet. The developers of Mambo are still coming up with better version of the software.
- Mambo comes with a database site engine. This makes it unique when compared to other platforms.
- It comes with unique sections meant for products, services, news, and other resources.
- It comes with topic sections meant for generating ideas. You can post a topic or raise a discussion through such means. You can also contribute to the work of other authors through the platform.
- Mambo comes with full customizable layouts.
- It also comes with menu boxes and side navigation features.
- Mambo allows fast uploading of images from browsers. You can upload images from browser to your library when using the software. You can also use the images anywhere within your website after they are successfully uploaded.
- The open source softer runs on Linux as well as Mac OSK server. It also runs on AIX, Solaris, and FreeBSD.
- It supports regular change of objects' order on your website. For instance, you can easily change the navigation buttons or sections as you desire.
- The software supports random generation of Newsflash.
- It also supports remote submission of modules meant for articles, links, news, and lot more.
- It encourages the setting of objects in a hierarchical order.
- The software supports the storing of image files in diverse formats such as JPEG, GIF, DOC, PNG, and so on.
- It comes with automatic path-finder which helps you to locate any image at any time.
- It also comes with news feed manager which helps you to choose from several news feeds from across the globe.
- The software comes with built-in commenting feature. This allows mass commenting on topics at any time. It also forbids comments from other external sources.
Mambo is known for having exciting features. It is actually all about CMS. Website owners use the software to manage their contents with ease.
Actually Content Management System (CMS) is known to be one of the best ways of transacting business. However, it's often very difficult when you run it with unreliable software. Mambo is one of the best software programs that make CMS user-friendly.
Mambo is very easy to use. You don't need to crack your brain to use. You shouldn't even be a computer guru to use the software. It is never a complicated platform. Anybody can use it at any time. The software is meant for everyone that can access a PC. This is because it's licensed under the GPL or GNU license. You can easily install and use it. You can also share it with your friends and loved ones.
You don't need to wait for an administrator before using Mambo. It doesn't require that. You don't even need to have a working knowledge of HTML to use the software. All you need is to have a basic knowledge of computer. Indeed, Mambo has a lot to offer users. You'll never regret having it on your PC.
Install Mambo on HostGator
Installing mambo on HostGator is very easy. With many other content management systems, HostGator also offers installation of mambo with QuickInstall. Use the following steps to install mambo on HostGator server.
1) Login to HostGator cPanel using your user name and password.
2) Now click on QuickInstall button. You will see QuickInstall button under the Software/Services section.
3) Click on CMS link in the left side navigation panel. Then click on Mambo link.
4) Next click on Install Mambo button.
5) Now you need to enter the web site URL where you want to install the mambo. You also need to enter the admin email address and admin user name. Then click on “Install Mambo” button.
6) You will see an installation process bar.
7) Once the installation is complete, you will be given a username and password. Take a note of this username and password. You will need it for login to your site.
So now you know how to install mambo on your web site. Go and try the simplicity of mambo yourself.
Back to Hostgator Tutorials
Go to Home