MyBB is unique forum software that can be used for online communication purposes. It is a product of the MyBB Group chaired by Chris Boulton and his team. The first version of MyBB hit the online world almost 10 years ago after going through many years of testing and development.
Ever since its invention, MyBB has continued to evolve. The developers have continued to enhance it for the better. New capabilities and features are regularly added to the platform. So far, the MyBB Group has released over 60 versions of the software. This shows how unique the platform has always been.
- MyBB is being maintained by the MyBB Group which is actually a team of volunteers that are committed to the development of the software.
- MyBB remains an open source project. Hence, the MyBB Group has continued to develop it as the need arises. Most of the members of the group are actively involved with the project. Their desire is to make the software more useful and accessible to everyone.
- MyBB comes with a unique plugin system. You can easily use that to add new features to the forum as you desire.
- The software comes with a unique control panel which gives you full admin permission to customize it.
- MyBB comes with a wonderful theme editor and template which can be used by anyone. They can be customized as the user wants.
- The platform also comes with Private Messaging feature. This encourages private conversations among registered users.
- The software supports the creation of posts, threads and polls. All of these make the forum platform very usable by everyone.
- MyBB comes with multiple calendars which can be used in planning and scheduling events.
- The platform comes with a warning system which can be used to punish or warn forum members when they misbehave.
- There's an opportunity for mass sending of mails and newsletters when using MyBB. You can easily send instant messages at any time. You can also schedule messages and deliver them to registered members when necessary.
- The software comes with task scheduling system which keeps the forum running as desired.
- MyBB supports MySQL, SQLite, and other unique platforms.
MyBB is very easy to use. You don't have to be a computer guru to use it. All you need is to have it running on your system. It remains a powerful tool at the hands of forum users.
It's quite easy to build an enterprising forum platform with MyBB. The forum members can easily interact with one another. They can share ideas and thoughts. They can also post new topics and equally learn more from one another.
In all, there's a lot you can accomplish with MyBB. The open source software is designed to make forum conversations easier and simpler. You can have a great time using the platform. There's a lot you still need to know about the software. You can visit the official website to learn more about it.
Install MyBB on HostGator
If you want to install MyBB on your HostGator account then you need to follow the simple steps. Here are the steps which you need to use.
1) First of all, login to your HostGator account.
2) Go to quick install section. You can get quick install button under Software/Services section.
3) Now click on the MyBB link. You can find that link in left navigation bar under Forum link.
4) Now you need to click on Install MyBB button.
5) Now give the URL address where you want to install MyBB software. You also need to give admin email address, site title and forum title. Once all information is filled up, click on Install MyBB button.
6) You will see the installation process going on.
7) Once the installation is complete, you will be given admin name and password. Keep the record of this information. You will need this info for logging in to the forum.
Congratulations! You have now successfully installed MyBB on your HostGator account.
Once MyBB forum is installed successfully, you will never need it to uninstall again. Just in case, if you want to uninstall MyBB, follow following steps.
1) Login to you cPanel account.
2) Go to quick install section. To uninstall MyBB, you will need to go to quick install section.
3) Click on My Installs link in left side nevigation panel. You will be given the list of your installed applicatons.
4) Click on the Uninstall link next to the installation which you want to uninstall.
5) You will be given two choices, Uninstall & Cancel. Click on Uninstall Script button to completely uninstall MyBB from your account.
So now you know how to install/uninstall MyBB on your HostGator account. Try it yourself and enjoy the new features of MyBB.
Back to Hostgator Tutorials
Go to Home