PHP-Nuke is unique content management open source software that is based on MySQL and PHP. It's web-based automated news publishing software that is controlled with a web-based user interface. You can achieve a lot in content management when you use it.
- PHP-Nuke comes with web-based administration access. This gives you full control over the activities that go on when the software is used.
- It supports the use of modules, themes and surveys.
- It comes with blocks which can be customized.
- The software also comes with customizable themes and modules.
- It supports multiple languages.
- PHP-Nuke is originally made available under the General Public License (GNU). This means that it used to be 100% free for everyone. You can share it freely with others. However, it is only the 7.5 version of PHP-Nuke that is under the free use standard. Other higher versions require license fees before anybody can use them.
- PHP-Nuke version 8.3 is once more made available free of charge. It's offered under the GNU license. However, you're expected to purchase it before you can start sharing it with others freely.
- PHP-Nuke requires the use of a web service based on PHP extension. You can use the Apache HTTP service.
- The software also supports the use of SQL database such as msSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and so on.
- PHP-Nuke comes with Content manager which is used in managing newly submitted articles. It also comes with Download feature which is used in managing downloads. It equally comes with Encyclopedia feature which manages words and definition.
- There's a FAQ feature on PHP-Nuke. You can have access to frequently asked questions when you go through that. The software also has a feature known as “Avantgo”. This offers the mobile version of new articles submitted on the platform.
- There's also a Feedback feature which gives users access to reach the webmaster when using PHP-Nuke. There are also other unique features such as Forums, Journals, News, Private Messages, Search button, Recommend US button, Submit News button, and so on.
As a unique content management system, PHP-Nuke helps webmasters in diverse ways. You can use it to create community based websites. Editors and web users can easily use it post all kinds of news items. The system supports user-submitted news items at all times. It also supports other kinds of web contents.
It's possible to post a comment on published articles when using PHP-Nuke. However, you must be a registered user to do so. It's possible to add modules to PHP-Nuke. This gives room for extra features. Among such models include Calendar, Forum, FAQs, News Feed, Private messages, and a lot more.
It's easy to maintain a website that uses PHP-Nuke. All you need is to go through the admin interface that comes with the software. You've got to try out the software right away!
Install PHP Nuke on HostGator
Installation of PHP Nuke is very easy on your hostgator account. Hostgator offers installation of PHP-Nuke through quick install facility. To install PHP Nuke just follow following steps.
1) First login to your hostgator cpanel account. Now go to quick install section. You can find quick install button under software/services section.
2) Click on PHP-Nuke from left navigation. You will find the PHP-Nuke link under CMS section.
3) Now click on Install PHP-Nuke button.
4) You need to give the URL address where you want to install PHP-Nuke. You also need to give admin email address and site name and admin username. Once all information is entered, click on Install PHP-Nuke button.
5) Installation process will start.
5) Now you will be given the username and password for login. Take a note of login information. You will need this information at the time of login.
Congratulations! PHP-Nuke is installed on your server.
Uninstall PHP-Nuke on HostGator
To uninstall php nuke, follow following steps.
1) Log to your panel.
2) Go to Quick Install section.
3) Click on My Installs button.
4) Click on the Uninstall link next to the PHP Nuke installation list.
5) Click on Uninstall Script button and your PHP-Nuke software is uninstalled.
Install PHP-Nuke on your server and try it yourself.
Back to Hostgator Tutorials
Go to Home