HostGator Saurus CMS
Saurus CMS is Open Source software meant for easy content management. You can have express control over web content when you use the software. You can also engage in steady web publishing as you use the exciting tools that come with the system.
Current Issues with Saurus CMS
As at the moment, the developers of Saurus CMS had discontinued with the software. In place of that, a new version known as “DINO” is being developed by a branch of the company. However, the current version of Saurus CMS is still in use across the globe. The only problem is that there won't be new fixes or new updates of the same software anymore.
- Saurus CMS supports on-site editing. This makes content management very easy on hosted websites.
- It attaches tiny v-shaped buttons to contents. You can see such buttons on articles, images, documents, and so on. With the v-shaped buttons, you can easily create or edit contents. You can also use that to re-organize content as you desire.
- There are lots of management tools that come with Saurus CMS. They simply make web content management easier.
- Saurus CMS comes with Text editor feature. This is often used in editing documents, tables, images, feedback forms, hyperlinks, and so on.
- The software also comes with On-screen keyboard, Microsoft Office code cleaner, and so on. All of these make content management simpler.
- Saurus CMS comes with File Manager feature. With this, you can explore folders as you desire. You can also manage images, and documents in the folders. Other users can have access to permissions required for using folders.
- The Open source software supports mass-uploading of images in diverse formats. Users can insert images and hyperlinks as they desire.
- There's a User management dashboard that comes with Saurus CMS. Users can make good use of that. The dashboard can be used to edit and add fields such as phone numbers, birthdays, and other personal details.
- The software also has a unique Access Control feature. This gives users the permission to view or create content. They can also have the permission to modify, delete or publish content as they want.
- Saurus CMS supports multi-site management and multi-lingual feature. This makes it usable to all and sundry. The messages and software information can be translated in diverse languages.
- The Open Source CMS also comes with diverse apps meant for enhancing content management. It also supports Comment boards, Schedule publishing, Staging, Feedback forms, News list and a lot more.
Saurus CMS has a lot to offer users. It simply makes content management very easy and fast. You can see yourself as a King or Queen when you use the software. It puts you in charge of every single process in web content development.
With Saurus CMS, you can maintain web content as you desire. You can have 100% access to manage the content in any way you desire. You can have the best of time using the software on regular basis.
Install Saurus CMS on HostGator Server
HostGator offers a quick install facility by which you can install many open source applications with just one click. You can also install Saurus CMS using quick install feature. Just go through following steps to install Saurus CMS on your HostGator account.
1) First login to your HostGator cPanel using your username and password.
2) Then go to QuickInstall feature. You will get QuickInstall button under Software/Services section.
3) Now click on Saurus CMS link which you will find under CMS link in the left navigation panel.
4) Now you need to click on Install Saurus CMS button.
5) Then you need to enter the URL address where you want to install Saurus CMS. You also need to enter admin email address and admin username. Once all the information is given, click on “Install Saurus CMS” button.
6) You will see the installation process.
7) Once the installation is finished, you will be given the username and the password. Take a note of this username and password. You will need this information to login to the web site.
So now you know how to install Saurus CMS on HostGator account. Try it out.
Back to Hostgator Tutorials
Go to Home