HostGator Tiki Wiki
Tiki wiki is Open Source CMS software that has been around for the last 13 years. It has been a unique project with contributions from over 250 experts. With this number, the Tiki project remains one of the largest Open Source CMS programs with several contributors involved in the production.
- Tiki wiki comes with all-in-one design that contains all the features in one code base. This makes it different from other Open Source software programs that require regular fixes.
- Tiki allows the regular usage of the same content in diverse areas. For instance, the wiki plugins can be used on blogs, forums, and other online platforms.
- The Open source software comes with wiki pages, blogs and forums.
- It supports RSS syndication and WYSIWYG editing.
- It comes with events and Calendar templates.
- It's also built with Database tracking feature
- Tiki also comes with image galleries, and files.
- It supports user and group management sessions
- It also supports polls, quizzes and surveys
Tiki wiki is 100% free for all. You can easily download and use it as you wish. You can also share the link with others. It has attracted over a million downloads from different continents of the glove.
The Tiki project is highly recommended since it has continued to gain several awards. It's built with cutting age technology. It supports PHP Scripting language. It also supports MySQL and other programming languages.
Tiki wiki comes with external libraries. It has a vibrant community made of several contributors. It also comes with IRC chat rooms, webinars, discussions forums, and a lot more.
The Tiki wiki can be used for collaboration purposes. It can also be used for express publishing and social networking. You can as well use it for e-commerce, e-learning, and other unique purposes. It comes with office productivity tools that generate unique results when engaged.
There's no need to conduct research online when using Tiki wiki. You don't even need to download, install or choose additional modules, plugins or extensions. All of these features are embedded in the Open Source Software. You don't need to worry about future duplication of the program.
Tiki wiki supports timely upgrades when necessary. Once a new version of the program is released, you can easily upgrade at any time. You don't have to go through a difficult process when trying to upgrade.
Tiki runs comfortably on Windows, Linux or Max. It also works with any kind of browser. It's known to be very stable at all times. It also comes with unique security features. The Open Source CMS allows easy hosting and easy installation. You can easily configure it the way you like. The software has the capacity to adapt to any condition. All you need is to put it into good use.
Finally, you can be sure of full technical support services when using the Tiki wiki. You can link up with any of the contributors when necessary. You can achieve a lot when you use the software.
Install Tiki Wiki on HostGator
You can easily install Tiki wiki on HostGator using Quick Install facility provided by HostGator. There are few simple steps you need to perform in order to install Tiki Wiki. Here are those steps.
1) First login to HostGator cPanel using your username and password.
2) Then click on QuickInstall button which you will find under Software/Services section.
3) Now click on the Tiki link from the left side navigation panel You will get Tiki link under the CMS link.
4) Next click on Install Tiki button.
5) Now you need to enter the URL where you want to install Tiki Wiki. You also need to give admin email address, admin username and web site title. Once all the information is given, click on Install Tiki button.
6) You will see the progress of Tiki installation.
7) After the installation completion, you will be given the username and password. Take a note of this username and password. You will need this detail to login to the panel.
So you just learnt how to install tiki on HostGator account. Now go and try world's first multi-purpose content management system.
Back to Hostgator Tutorials
Go to Home