WebCalendar is a unique calendar application that is fully based on PHP. It can be used as a single online calendar when configured. It can also be configured for web visitors and groups when necessary. It can equally be configured as an event calendar which can be embedded on a given website.
- WebCalendar supports MySQL and PostgreSQL. It also requires MS SQL Server to run perfectly.
- The app can easily be set up at any time. There are diverse ways of setting it up. You can set it up as a schedule module for one person. You can also set it up as schedule management system for web visitors or group of users. When set for a group of users, it can easily be managed by more than on user.
- WebCalendar supports CSS and XHTML
- It also supports up to 30 languages including US English, French, and German, Hungarian, Greek, Dutch, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and a lot more.
- The application can easily detect the user's language through the browse setting.
- WebCalendar can be customized in diverse ways. You can set it for weekly, daily, monthly or yearly view. You can view daily calendar. You can also view weekly or monthly calendar. You can as well view yearly calendar as you desire.
- It's easy to view another user's calendar when using the application. This will help you view the events and other vital details concerning the user.
- You can set more than one calendars in layers while using the app.
- You can easily add new users at any time.
- You can edit users or modify their settings.
- You can also delete users at any time.
- You can add new events to calendar
- You can edit or modify event as you desire
- You can also delete events at any time.
- WebCalendar comes with support for overriding exceptions.
- It also comes with custom event fields which can be configured by the user.
- The app comes with unique colors which can be configured by the user.
- It comes with 12/24 time format. You can schedule the week to start on Sunday or Monday.
- You can easily get online assistance when using WebCalendar. You simply need to hook up with the developers online.
- WebCalendar checks scheduling conflicts on regular basis.
- You can use the app to send email reminders for oncoming events. You can also use it to send notifications for new events or updated events
- You can export events to other e-calendar platforms you may have. You can also import events from other e-calendars to the app.
- You can decide to make the calendar public or private. You can also publish your schedules when using the apps.
- WebCalendar comes with RSS support and other exciting features.
Indeed, you can have the best of time using WebCalendar on your website. You can be sure of not missing any important event so long as you keep using the app on daily basis.
Install WebCalendar on HostGator
If you want to install WebCalendar on your HostGator account then you can easily do that by using Quick Install function of your hostgator panel. Just follow the following simple steps and you can easily install WebCalendar on your server account.
1) First login to your cPanel account. Then click on Quick Install button which is under Software/Services section.
2) Now click on WebCalendar link from the left navigation bar. You will find WebCalendar link under Calendar section.
3) Click on Install WebCalendar button.
4) You will be asked the URL address where you want to install the WebCalendar. Enter the URL address. You will also need to enter the admin email address. Once all details are installed, just click on Install WebCalendar button.
5) You will see the installation process going on.
6) Once the installation process is completed, you will see the username and password. Please write down the username and password. You will need this information to login to your WebCalendar.
Now the WebCalendar is installed on your account. Enjoy your schedule management system.
Uninstall WebCalendar On HostGator
If you want to uninstall WebCalendar from your account then you can easily do that also using quick install facility. Just follow these simple steps to uninstall WebCalendar from hostgator account.
1) Go to Quick Install section.
2) Click on manage installations button on top of it.
3) You will be given a list of installed applications.
4) Just click on Uninstall link beside the application which you want to uninstall. In our case the application is WebCalendar.
5) Now you will see Uninstall and cancel buttons. Click on Uninstall Script button and WebCalendar will be uninstalled.
Now you know how to install WebCalendar on your hostgator account. Try it out yourself.
Back to Hostgator Tutorials
Go to Home