How to Install WordPress on HostGator?
Wordpress remains the most widely used self-hosted blogging platform across the globe. It was actually invented as a code meant for content writing and management. However, it has grown to be a wonderful blogging tool for millions of users. Today, millions of websites and blogs have been hosted across the net with Wordpress. The number of Wordpress users increase on daily basis.
- Wordpress is a unique open source platform meant for everyone.
- It can easily be downloaded from the official website. It's also very easy to install.
- It can be customized as the user desires.
- Wordpress can be used for creating unique blogs and website.
- The platform is very flexible to use. You can go for the free Wordpress version often used for blogging. You can also upgrade to the commercial version when you desire to host a custom website with a unique domain name.
- You can kick-start a blogging campaign with Wordpress. You can also use it as a content management system. There's no limit to what you can achieve when you starting using the platform.
- Wordpress comes with thousands of themes and plugins which can be used at any time. You simply need to search for the best features to use when blogging or when building a website with Wordpress.
- You can get connected to the Wordpress community online. You can join the forum and also sign up with the mailing list. This can help you get so much involved with the Wordpress project. You can also become a volunteer at the WordCamp. You don't have to pay a dime to join the Wordpress community. You can learn more about Wordpress and its benefits when you join the community of users.
- Wordpress comes with unique plugin system which can be used by anybody. It also allows users to create and host their custom plugins.
- The platform comes with theme system which can be used for the creation of custom themes.
- It also comes with an application framework which can help you create your custom app.
- It comes with default content types which can be used in creating custom web contents.
- Wordpress also comes with script libraries meant for users.
- There are lots of security features that also come with Wordpress. They are meant to secure users when they engage the platform.
- There also lots of graphics and logos resources that come with Wordpress. You can use them as you wish.
- Domain name registration is accessible through Wordpress. You can host a custom website with Wordpress and also register it with your personal domain name.
Indeed, Wordpress has a lot to offer users across the globe. It's currently powering over 40% of websites hosted on the internet. You can maintain a vibrant blog or website by using Wordpress. You don't need to be a computer guru to use Wordpress. All you need is to get acquainted with its basic features.
Install WordPress Using QuickInstall
If you are in hurry and don't want to read then watch this short video. It shows how you can install wordpress in HostGator using QuickInstall facility.
The above video is made a long back. The interface of the Quick Install is changed since the making of the video. If you want to see how to install wordpress using the new Quick Install interface then follow this steps.
1) Login to cPanel using your username and password.
2) Go to Software/Services section. Click on QuickIinstall button.
3) Click on the Wordpress link on the top nevigation panel. Alternatively, you can also click on Wordpress link under the Blog section.
4) Then click on the Install WordPress button.
5) Here you need to give the path name where you want to install the wordpress. You also need to enter admin email address, blog title, admin user name, first name and last name. Then click on Install WordPress button.
6) Now you will the installation process.
7) Once the installation process is finished, you will be given the username and password to login to the admin panel of your website. Take a note of your login information.
That's it. Now your wordpress installation is complete. Go and install your first blog on your HostGator hosted website.
Back to Hostgator Tutorials
Go to Home