Zikula is unique open source software that is based on the PHP Application Framework. It's mainly designed for enhancing business websites. Small business sites benefits from it a lot. Large corporation websites and personal websites also gain a lot from it.
Zikula Latest version
Zikula's latest version is referred to as “Zikula 1.4.0”. It is based on the Symfony platform. It also has its foundation on PHP framework. This makes it run faster and better when used on websites.
The Zikula 1.4.0 works with Twitter's Bootstrap 3. This makes it suitable for social network platforms. The version uses jQuery for enhancing websites when used.
- Zikula is crafted in PHP platform.
- It's known to be fully modular.
- It works with a database.
- It uses MySQL and PostgreSQL programming languages
- It supports Oracle Database and Microsoft SQL Servers.
- Zikula comes with flexible Theme system
- It also comes with WYSIWYG editor and Flexible Document Creator
- It supports RSS feeds, Forums and Polls.
- It also supports Language Internalization, Galleries, E-commerce, and Chat rooms.
- It equally supports short URLs which is good for SEO.
- Zikula comes with built-in caching.
- It also supports games, links, news, and other third party add-ons.
- Zikula is 100% free to use. It's made available under the GNU license. This means that anybody can use and share it.
- You can use Zikula to develop a robust and secure website. You can also make the site interactive as you desire.
- You can use Zikula to edit websites with ease. You can also use it to edit web applications.
- Zikula is very easy to use. You don't need to be a computer geek to use it. The software comes with user-friendly interface. You can easily read through it as you desire.
- You can have access to Zikula at any time. It's readily available on the official website of the company. You don't need to crack your brain just to have access to it.
- You can get in touch with the developers of Zikula. You can make further inquiries about the software. You're sure to get the required response.
The future of Zikula is very bright. The developers have continued to come up with new updates and fixes. The open source software actually follows an active development cycle which ensures the regular publishing of new releases.
In the recent times, several 3rd party developers have continued to contribute their quota towards the development of Zikula. They have come up with extensions meant for the Zikula app Framework. Such extensions are often used by bloggers, and web developers. They can be used for storing data and images. They can also be used for displaying forums, shopping carts and other related applications.
Indeed, there's a lot packaged in Zikula. You can use it to achieve a lot on your website. You can take your business website to greater heights when you keep using the open source software.
Install Zikula on HostGator
HostGator offers quick installation of many open source softwares. You can quickly install Zikula on HostGator using QuickInstall. Just perform following steps to install Zikula on HostGator.
1) Login to the cPanel using your username and password.
2) Now go to the QuickInstall feature. You can find the QuickInstall button under Software/Services section.
3) Click on Zikula link which is the last link under CMS link section in the left side navigation panel.
4) Click on Install Zikula button.
5) Next you need to enter the path where you want to install the Zikula. You also need to give admin username, admin email address and the site name. After entering the details, click on Install Zikula button.
6) You will see the process of installation.
7) When the installation is finished, you will be given the username and the password. You can use this detail to login to the Zikula website.
So now you know the features of Zikula and how to install Zikula on HostGator. Try it yourself.
HostGator offers discount on baby plan coupon. You can save money using the code if you want to subscribe for baby plan. Visit our, coupon page and get the working code.
Back to Hostgator Tutorials
Go to Home